Terms of service
Date last revised: 13th February, 2014
1. Accepting the Terms
By using the information, tools, features and functionality located on Hygiology.com.au (together the “Service”), you agree to be bound by this Agreement, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means that you simply browse the Hygiology.com.au website) or you are a “Member” (which means that you have registered with Hygiology.com.au). The term “you” or “User” refers to a Visitor or a Member. The term “we” refers to Hygiology. If you wish to become a Member, communicate with other Members and make use of the Service, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the Registration process.
You may not use the Service and you may not accept this Agreement if you are not of a legal age to form a binding contract with Hygiology.
If you accept this Agreement, you represent that you have the capacity to be bound by it or if you are acting on behalf of a company or entity that you have the authority to bind such entity. Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of this Agreement for your records.
2. Privacy and your Personal Information
3. Description of the Service
The Service is in part a personal heath service that allows Members to describe their current health concerns, along with their health history, and have that information reviewed by a registered practitioner employed by Hygiology. Based on information provided, the practitioner may provide recommendations of a general nature with respect to your health and wellbeing, or request more information before making a recommendation.
The Service is not intended to replace the role of the face to face consultation a person would typically engage in with a health care practitioner. The service is provided as a way of enabling those with limited access to health care professionals to access general recommendations to further their own knowledge and with the intention of improving their health and wellbeing. Whilst this is one of the stated aims of the service, the recommendations provided may not always result in improved health and wellbeing for the person using the service, and Hygiology makes no guarantee’s with regards to this.
4. Account Information
Hygiology cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties which may result in failure to obtain data or loss of data, personalization settings or other service interruptions. Hygiology cannot assume responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy, deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any user data, communications or personalization settings.
5. Your Registration Information
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password which, together with your e-mail address, allows you to access the Service. That email address and password, together with any mobile number or other contact information you provide form your “Registration Information.”
By providing us with your e-mail address, you agree to receive all required notices electronically, to that e-mail address. It is your responsibility to update or change that address, as appropriate. Notices will be provided in HTML (or, if your system does not support HTML, in plain-text) in the text of the e-mail or through a link to the appropriate page on our site, accessible through any standard, commercially available internet browser.
If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Registration Information, you agree to notify Hygiology immediately via the contact form on the site.
6. Your Use of the Service
Your right to access and use Hygiology.com.au and the Service is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are only entitled to access and use Hygiology.com.au for lawful purposes.
Accurate records enable Hygiology to provide the Service to you. You must provide true, accurate, current and complete information for the Service to function effectively and provide you with recommendations that match your current health situation. You may not misrepresent your Registration Information or any other information requested in the provision of the service. In order for the Service to function effectively, you must also keep your Registration Information up to date and accurate. If you do not do this, the accuracy and effectiveness of the Service to you will be affected.
Your access and use of Hygiology.com.au may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of Hygiology.com.au or other actions that Hygiology, in its sole discretion, may elect to take.
From time to time, Hygiology may include new and/or updated pre-release features (“Sneak Preview” features) in the Service for your use and which permit you to provide feedback. You understand and agree that your use of Sneak Preview features is voluntary and Hygiology is not obligated to provide you with any Sneak Preview features. Furthermore, if you decide to use the Sneak Preview features you agree to abide by any rules or restrictions Hygiology may place on them. You agree that Hygiology may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Service, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant Hygiology a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sub-licensable, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to Hygiology in any way. Hygiology will not sell, publish or share your feedback in a way that could identify you without your explicit permission.
7. Online and Mobile Alerts
Hygiology may from time to time provide automatic alerts and voluntary account-related alerts.
Automatic alerts may be sent to you following certain changes made online to your Hygiology account, such as a change in your Registration Information.
Voluntary account alerts may be turned on by default as part of the Service. They may then be customized, deactivated or reactivated by you. These alerts allow you to choose alert messages for your accounts. Hygiology may add new alerts from time to time, or cease to provide certain alerts at any time upon its sole discretion. Each alert may have different options available, and you may be asked to select from among these options upon activation of your alerts service.
Electronic alerts will be sent to the email address you have provided as your primary email address for Hygiology.com.au. If your email address or your mobile device’s email address changes, you are responsible for informing us of that change. You can also choose to have alerts sent to a mobile device that accepts text messages. Changes to your email address or mobile number will apply to all of your alerts.
Alerts may include your Hygiology.com.au Login details and some information about your accounts. Anyone with access to your email will be able to view the content of these alerts.
8. Rights You Grant to Us
By submitting information, data, passwords, usernames, other log-in information, materials and other content to Hygiology through the Service, you are licensing that content to Hygiology solely for the purpose of providing the Service. Hygiology may use and store the content, but only to provide the Service to you. By submitting this content to Hygiology, you represent that you are entitled to submit it to Hygiology for use for this purpose, without any obligation by Hygiology to pay any fees or other limitations.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, notwithstanding all applicable state and federal laws.
9. Hygiology’s Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of Hygiology.com.au, including its “look and feel” (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos and button icons), photographs, editorial content, notices, software (including html-based computer programs) and other material are protected under both Australian and other applicable copyright, trademark and other laws. The contents of Hygiology.com.au belong or are licensed to Hygiology or its software or content suppliers. Hygiology grants you the right to view and use Hygiology.com.au subject to these terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided on Hygiology.com.au for your personal, internal and non-commercial use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from Hygiology.com.au in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent.
10. Access and Interference
You agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor Hygiology.com.au or any portion of Hygiology.com.au, without Hygiology’s express written consent, which may be withheld in Hygiology’s sole discretion;
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search Hygiology.com.au, other than the search engines and search agents available through the Service and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Explorer);
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of Hygiology.com.au or the Service; or
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of Hygiology.com.au or the Service
11. Rules for Posting
As part of the Service, Hygiology allows Members to post content on blogs and at various other publicly available locations on Hygiology.com.au. These forums may be hosted by Hygiology or by one of our third party service providers on Hygiology’s behalf. You agree in posting content to follow certain rules
- You are responsible for all content you submit to Hygiology.com.au
- By submitting content to us, you represent that you have all necessary rights and hereby grant us a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, modify, display, and perform all or any portion of the content in connection with Hygiology.com.au and our business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the site (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each User a non-exclusive license to access your posted content through Hygiology.com.au, and to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display and perform such content as permitted through the functionality of Hygiology.com.au and under this Agreement
- You may not post or transmit any message which is libellous or defamatory, or which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person. You may not post or transmit any message, data, image or program that is indecent, obscene, pornographic, harassing, threatening, abusive, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive; that encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or violate any law; or that is otherwise inappropriate
- You may not post or transmit any message, data, image or program that would violate the property rights of others, including unauthorized copyrighted text, images or programs, trade secrets or other confidential proprietary information, and trademarks or service marks used in an infringing fashion
- You may not interfere with other Users’ use of the Service, including, without limitation, disrupting the normal flow of dialogue in an interactive area of Hygiology.com.au, deleting or revising any content posted by another person or entity, or taking any action that imposes a disproportionate burden on the Service infrastructure or that negatively affects the availability of the Service to others
- Except where expressly permitted, you may not post or transmit charity requests; petitions for signatures; franchises, distributorship, sales representative agency arrangements, or other business opportunities (including offers of employment or contracting arrangements); club memberships; chain letters; or letters relating to pyramid schemes. You may not post or transmit any advertising, promotional materials or any other solicitation of other users to use goods or services except in those areas designated for such purpose
- You agree that any employment or other relationship you form or attempt to form with an employer, employee, or contractor whom you contact through areas of Hygiology.com.au that may be designated for that purpose is between you and that employer, employee, or contractor alone, and not with us
- You may not copy or use personal identifying or business contact information about other Users without their permission. Unsolicited e-mails, mailings, telephone calls, or other communications to individuals or companies whose contact details you obtain through the Service are prohibited
- You agree that we may use any feedback, suggestions, or ideas you post in any way, including in future modifications of the Service, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant us a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to us in any way
12. Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties
The content and all services and products associated with hygiology.com.au or provided through the service (whether or not sponsored) are provided to you on an “as-is” and “as available” basis. Hygiology makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the content or operation of hygiology.com.au or of the service. You expressly agree that your use of the service is at your sole risk.
Hygiology makes no representations, warranties or guarantees, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, reliability or completeness of the content on hygiology.com.au or of the service, and expressly disclaims any warranties of non-infringement or fitness for a particular purpose. Hygiology makes no representation, warranty or guarantee that the content that may be available through the service is free of infection from any viruses or other code or computer programming routines that contain contaminating or destructive properties or that are intended to damage, surreptitously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information.
13. Not a Health Professional
Neither hygiology nor the service is intended to replace the advice typically given by a Health Care Professional. Hygiology is not a Health Care Professional, however we do have Health Care Professionals in our employ that do provide advice and recommendations of a generic nature. The Service is intended only to assist you in optimising your health and well being and is broad in scope. Your personal health situation is unique, and any information and advice obtained through the Service may not be appropriate for your situation. Accordingly, before making any final decisions or implementing any strategy around improving your health and wellbeing, you should consider obtaining additional information and advice from your Health Care Professional who are fully aware of your individual circumstances.
14. Alert Disclaimer
You understand and agree that any alerts provided to you through the Service may be delayed or prevented by a variety of factors. Hygiology does its best to provide alerts in a timely manner with accurate information. However, we neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the content of any alert. You also agree that Hygiology shall not be liable for any delays, failure to deliver, or misdirected delivery of any alert; for any errors in the content of an alert; or for any actions taken or not taken by you or any third party in reliance on an alert.
15. Limitations on Hygiology’s Liability
Hygiology shall in no event be responsible or liable to you or to any third party, whether in contract, warranty, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, exemplary, liquidated or punitive damages, including but not limited to loss of profit, revenue or business, arising in whole or in part from your access to hygiology.com.au, your use of the service or this agreement, even if hygiology has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement, hygiology’s liability to you for any cause whatever and regardless of the form of the action, will at all times be limited to $50.00 (fifty Australian dollars).
16. Your Indemnification of Hygiology
You shall defend, indemnify and hold harmless Hygiology and its officers, directors, shareholders, and employees, from and against all claims and expenses, including but not limited to legal fees, in whole or in part arising out of or attributable to any breach of this Agreement by you.
17. Ending your relationship with Hygiology
This Agreement will continue to apply until terminated by either you or Hygiology as set out below. If you want to terminate your legal agreement with Hygiology, you may do so by closing your account for the Service by contacting us via this contact form, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling our customer service number on 1300 664 310.
Hygiology may at any time, terminate its legal agreement with you:
- if you have breached any provision of this Agreement (or have acted in a manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of this Agreement);
- if Hygiology in its sole discretion believes it is required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Service to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
- immediately upon notice, to the e-mail address provided by you as part of your Registration Information.
Hygiology may modify this Agreement from time to time. Any and all changes to this Agreement will be posted on the Hygiology.com.au site. In addition, the Agreement will always indicate the date it was last revised. You are deemed to accept and agree to be bound by any changes to the Agreement when you use the Service after those changes are posted.
19. Governing Law and Forum for Disputes
This Agreement, and your relationship with Hygiology under this Agreement, shall be governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales without regard to its conflict or choice of laws provisions. Any dispute with Hygiology, or its officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising under or in relation to this Agreement shall be resolved exclusively through the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) of Sydney, New South Wales, Austraila, except with respect to imminent harm requiring temporary or preliminary injunctive relief in which case Hygiology may seek such relief in any court with jurisdiction over the parties. You understand that, in return for agreement to this provision, Hygiology is able to offer the Service at the terms designated, and that your assent to this provision is an indispensable consideration to this Agreement.
You also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with Hygiology, its officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising out of or relating to your use of the Service or this Agreement:
- You are giving up your right to have a trial by jury; and
- You are giving up your right to serve as a representative, as a private attorney general, or in any other representative capacity, or to participate as a member of a class of claimants, in any lawsuit involving any such dispute.
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement.
You agree that if Hygiology does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which Hygiology has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of Hygiology’s rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to Hygiology. All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement represents the entire understanding and agreement between you and Hygiology regarding the subject matter of the same, and supersedes all other previous agreements.