L-tyrosine is a precursor for the synthesis of the catecholamines epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine and the thyroid hormone thyroxine. Nutrient antioxidants including vitamin C and E may assist in maintaining peripheral circulation and promoting general health and well-being through supporting normal organ function. Rehmannia has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine and helps in the improvement of general well-being.
- Where iodine is required may assist the body in achieving normal basal metabolism and normal production of thyroid hormones.
- Supplementation with tyrosine may help during periods of prolonged stress, or improve stress adaptation.
- May assist in relieving nervous tension and emotional stress.
- Provides nutritional support during physically demanding periods.
Adults: 1 tablet 2 times daily.
Contraindications and Cautions
- This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150 mcg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded. Selenium containing products are not suitable for use by children under the age of 15 years. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. If taking tetracycline or quinolone antibiotics, biphosphonates (osteoporosis drugs) or thyroid hormone, separate doses by at least two hours. Contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long time. Discontinue at least 7 days prior to general anaesthesia.
Each tablet contains:
- Rehmannia glutinosa (Rehmannia) extract equivalent to dry rhizome 400 mg
- Tyrosine 500 mg
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 50 mg
- cThiamine hydrochloride (Vitamin B1) 50 mg
- Nicotinamide 50 mg
- Calcium pantothenate 50 mg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (equiv. to Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) 20.54 mg) 25 mg
- d-alpha-Tocopheryl acid succinate (equiv. to Vitamin E 12.1 IU) 10 mg
- Riboflavine (Vitamin B2) 3 mg
- Folic acid 40 mcg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 20 mcg
- Cholecalciferol (equiv. to Vitamin D3 400 IU) 10 mcg
- Zinc ascorbate (equiv. to Zinc 15 mg) 100 mg
- Potassium iodide (equiv. to Iodine 120 mcg) 157 mcg
- Selenomethionine (equiv. to Selenium 50 mcg) 125 mcg