Remotiv® (Ze 117) has been shown to assist in the relief of nervous tension, stress and mild anxiety. Remotiv contains a specific extract of St John’s wort (Hypericum perforatum) that has been evaluated in a number of clinical trials. St John's wort has been used since the middle ages to help manage anxiety and stress. It was the ancient Greek herbalists, such as Hippocrates, who originally documented the medicinal uses of St John’s wort.
Remotiv may help to support healthy mood. It is recommended for people experiencing the following symptoms:
- Mild anxiety
- Nervous tension
- Remotiv has been studied in over 2000 patients, including a one year safety study that showed continued improvement of symptoms during this time.
- In clinical trials, Remotiv has been very well tolerated and resulted in very few side effects, predominantly gastrointestinal upsets. Remotiv is contraindicated if you are taking antidepressant or mood-altering medication. If you are currently taking prescription medication, it is important to talk with a healthcare professional before starting Remotiv.
- The specific extract of St John’s wort used in Remotiv (Ze 117) contains consistently low levels (<1%) of the constituent hyperforin, which is considered responsible for the interaction between some St John’s wort products and certain medications
- Rarely, people may experience gastro-intestinal disturbances, fatigue or nervousness when taking Remotiv. It is not recommended that people with known light hypersensitivity take Remotiv.
- Remotiv is not recommended for adults under the age of 18 years
- Remotiv should not be taken with certain medications, including antidepressant medications, certain immunosuppressants, warfarin, digoxin, certain hormonal medications and anticonvulsants. If you are currently taking prescription medication, it is important to discuss this with a healthcare professional before starting Remotiv
- Each Remotiv tablet contains a small amount (120 mg) of lactose
- Remotiv tablets contain a specific extract of St John’s wort that is manufactured in Switzerland under unique production methods, ensuring consistently high quality
- Clinical trials have been conducted using the same extract that is found in Remotiv (Ze 117). The actual extract is very important for natural medicine as there can be great variance between products, even if they appear to use the same active ingredients, due to the plant that is used, growing methods, harvesting processes and manufacturing methods.