Poly-C Powder has wide ranging antioxidant effects that support health and well-being in a variety of ways. Vitamin C plays a role in the maintenance of healthy epithelial cells and is involved in minor wound healing. It may also support healthy immune function and resistance to infection. Resveratrol from Fallopia japonica (Polygonum cuspidatum) combined with alpha lipoic acid further adds to the antioxidant effects of Vitamin C.
- For Vitamin C supplementation when dietary intake is inadequate and for those with increased needs including smokers, athletes, pregnant and lactating women.
- May help reduce the severity and duration of the symptoms of colds and other mild infections.
- May help maintain or improve peripheral circulation.
- Nutritional support for minor wound healing and healthy skin.
- May be beneficial during times of increased mental and physical stress.
Adults: Take 4 grams of powder (1 level metric teaspoon) mixed in 50-100 mL of water or juice, 1-2 times daily, preferably with meals.
Children 6-12 years: Take 1 gram of powder (1/4 teaspoon) mixed in 50-100 mL of water or juice, 1-2 times daily, preferably with meals. Not to be used in children under two years of age without medical advice.
Please note: this product contains extracts from herbal and fruit sources that may not dissolve easily in liquid. Always use a dry spoon. Keep lid tightly sealed when not in use and store in a cool, dry place. Naturally sweetened using Stevia rebaudiana.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Large doses of Vitamin C may cause gastrointestinal complaints such as nausea or diarrhoea in sensitive individuals (due to the osmotic effects of unabsorbed ascorbic acid). Individuals with pre-existing kidney stone disease or a history of renal insufficiency should exercise caution in the use of higher than RDI amounts of Vitamin C. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. Discontinue 7 days prior to general anaesthesia.
Each 4 g serve contains:
- Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) 1.77 g
- Sodium ascorbate (equiv. to Vitamin C 265 mg) 300 mg
- Calcium ascorbate (equiv. to Vitamin C 230 mg) 280 mg
- Magnesium ascorbate (equiv. to Vitamin C 68 mg) 80 mg
- Zinc ascorbate (equiv. to Vitamin C 65 mg) 80 mg
- (Total Vitamin C 2.4 g)
- Fallopia japonica (Giant Knotweed) extract equivalent to dry root standardised to contain resveratrol 15 mg 7.5 g
- Citrus bioflavonoids extract 96 mg
- Hesperidin 96 mg
- Rutin 96 mg
- Quercetin 48 mg
- R,S-Alpha lipoic acid 50 mg