- Phellodendron amurense contains berberine, which has been shown in vitro to display antimicrobial properties on a range of bacteria. Berberine exerts anti-inflammatory activity.
- May assist in the maintenance of cholesterol within the normal range in healthy individuals.
- Berberine exerts anti-inflammatory activity.
- Relief or treatment of diarrhoea.
- Adults: 1 to 2 tablets daily.
5 tablets daily for the maintenance of healthy cholesterol levels.
- Contraindications and Cautions
- Contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation and patients taking immunosuppressive drugs. Caution is warranted in beta-thalassaemia, unconjugated hyperbilirubinaemia and those with obstructed bile ducts. Not advisable in jaundiced neonates. Monitor patients who tend to experience constipation. Discontinue 7 days prior to general anaesthesia.
Each tablet contains:
- Phellodendron amurense (Phellodendron) extract equivalent to stem bark
- standardised to berberine 200 mg