This combination may increase blood levels of DGLA, which is not achieved by omega-3 fish oil alone. Increased leveles of DGLA, along with EPA and DHA may shift eicosanoid synthesis in favour of anti-inflammatory eicosanoids.
- Fish Oil and Evening Primrose Oil may assist in symptomatic relief of inflammatory and dry skin conditions
- EPO has anti-inflammatory effects and correcting deficiency may particularly improve regulation of skin inflammation
- Insufficient omega-3 fatty acids in the diet leads to dry, rough skin and dermatitis
- Research suggests that eczema patients have a reduced ability to convert linoleic acid to GLA
- Adequate omega-3 fatty acid levels may be of benefit during pregnancy and lactation
- DHA is an important nutrient for infant development. Mothers supplementing DHA pass higher amounts to the foetus and through lactation
- Pregnant and lactating women have an extra requirement for omega-3 essential fatty acids
- Essential fatty acids and their metabolites EPA, DHA and GLA help to modulate inflammatory processes in the body
- Essential fatty acids helps support the structure and function of cellular membranes
- Helps support cognitive health and brain function
- Helps support cardiovascular health
- Helps support healthy eye function
- This product contains antioxidant vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopherol)
Adults: One to two tablets daily.
Warning: Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Fish Oil - Natural 500 mg
- Containing Omega-3 fatty acids
- Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 90 mg
- Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 60 mg
- Evening Primrose Oil 750 mg
- equiv. Gamma-Linolenic acid (GLA) 75 mg
- d-alpha Tocopherol 33.6 mg
- equiv. vitamin E 50 IU