Lactobac capsules provide 44.5 billion organisms, or colony forming units (CFU), per dose, making it one of the most powerful probiotic supplements available. When swift recolonisation and implantation of gut flora is required (in conditions associated with the long term use of antibiotics and the contraceptive pill especially) the higher dose of Lactobac capsules make it a potent clinical ally. Each Lactobac capsule contains Lactobacillus rhamnosus and Bifidobacterium longum, two of the most important probiotic species for the human intestinal microecology. Taking Lactobac capsules at the same time as antibiotics will give the best chance of minimising damage to naturally occurring microflora.
Studies have shown that Lactobac is the most reliable probiotic combination for immediate bowel recolonisation.
- Aids or assists in the treatment of diarrhoea
- Aids digestion
- Helps maintain healthy digestive function
- Aids or assists in the relief of flatulence
- Relief of the symptoms/pain/discomfort of gastritis
- Relief of indigestion
- Aids, assists or helps in the maintenance or improvement of general well-being
- Restore bowel micro-flora after antibiotics, while using the contraceptive pill, or to assist when the diet is inadequate
- Relieves bloating
- Can increase tolerance in food-sensitive individuals
- Can stimulate digestion
- Assists in the treatment of heartburn
Live bacterial supplements should not be consumed by severely immunosuppressed individuals without medical supervision.
Live probiotic preparations may reduce insulin-dependency in some diabetics and those with pancreatic dysfunction.
Direct application of live probiotic preparations to open wounds should be avoided.
Adults: Take 1 capsule daily, 30 minutes before a meal.
Active Ingredients - each capsule contains:
- Human strain Lactobacillus rhamnonsus 40 billion CFU
- Bifidobacteria longum 4.5 billion CFU
Totalling 44.5 billion CFU per capsule
Free from dairy products, added salt, yeast, gluten, wheat, preservatives, artificial colours and flavours.