BioCeuticals Iron Sustain is a potent iron supplment that provides highly bioavailable iron in the form of ferrous bisglycinate. This well researched formula includes nutrients that are involved in the maintenance of healthy blood, such as folic acid and vitamins B12 and B6.
Iron amino acid chelate (bisglycinate) is well researched for its excellent bioavailability, and is considered to be gentle on the stomach and thereby minimising the risk of gastrointestinal upsets associated with different forms of iron supplementation. Iron Sustain may be of assistance to people with an increased demand for iron or whose dietary intake of iron may be inadequate; growing teenagers, menstruating women, during pregnancy and lactation, vegetarians, athletes and the elderly. Iron is necessary for the formation of haemoglobin in the blood, which transports oxygen to the tissues.
Directions: Adults: Take one tablet daily or as advised by your healthcare practitioner.
Warning: Not for the treatment of iron deficiency conditions. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. Keep out of the reach of children.
Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
- Iron (II) glycinate (Ferrochel®) 88.8 mg
- equiv. iron 24 mg
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) 200 mg
- Pyridoxal-5-phosphate monohydrate (activated B6) 24.35 mg
- equiv. pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 15 mg
- Levomefolate calcium 125 mcg
- equiv. levomefolic acid (5-MTHF activated folate) 115.44 mcg
- Calcium folinate 135.05mcg
- equiv. folinic acid (activated B9) 125 mcg
- Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin) (active vitamin B12) 125 mcg
- Cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) 125 mcg
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans
Customer questions / expert answers
Bioceuticals have Iron Sustain contains 20mg elemental iron plus other nutrients to avoid constipation and digestive upset while taking the iron.
Warm regards - Keri Hogarth - Hygiology Naturopath