Chromium and other nutrients (such as vitamins B3, B5, B6 and minerals manganese and zinc) assist glucose utilisation. Chromium is an essential mineral involved in carbohydrate, lipid and protein metabolism. Chromium may assist glucose homoeostasis. Gymnema has been used in Ayurvedic tradition to help maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Traditionally used to help maintain normal/healthy blood glucose levels in healthy individuals
Gymnema may help to decrease appetite.
Adults: 1 tablet only, 2-3 times daily with meals. Do not exceed this recommended dosage.
Contraindications and Cautions
- Particular care should be exercised where the patient is taking insulin or oral hypoglycaemic drugs. Nicotinic acid may cause a temporary flushing reaction in sensitive individuals. To minimise the chance of this occurring, always follow label recommendations of taking only one tablet at any one time, preferably with food. For sensitive individuals, it could prove beneficial to start with one tablet daily and gradually increase to the full dose over a period of 3 to 4 weeks as tolerance to nicotinic acid generally builds over a short period of time. This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses.
- A daily dose of 150 mcg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded. Selenium-containing products are not suitable for use by children under the age of 15 years. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. This product contains pyridoxine hydrochloride, which may be dangerous when used in large amounts or for a long time. Contains zinc which may be dangerous if taken in large amounts or for a long time. Discontinue 7 days prior to general anaesthesia.
Each tablet contains:
- Chromic chloride (equiv. to Chromium 209 mcg) 1.07 mg
- Chromium nicotinate (equiv. to Chromium 14 mcg) 140 mcg
- (Total elemental Chromium 223 mcg)
- Gymnema sylvestre (Gymnema) extract equivalent to dry leaf
standardised to contain gymnemic acids 50 mg 3.2 g
- Zinc gluconate (equiv. to Zinc 15 mg) 117 mg
- Magnesium phosphate (equiv. to Magnesium 22 mg) 105 mg
- Manganese amino acid chelate (equiv. to Manganese 2 mg) 20 mg
- Selenomethionine (equiv. to Selenium 8 mcg) 20 mcg
- Nicotinamide 50 mg
- Nicotinic acid 20 mg
- Calcium pantothenate 100 mg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (equiv. to Vitamin B6 41 mg) 50 mg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 150 mcg