In preparing for conception and pregnancy, the focus is generally on the woman’s health – overlooking the man’s vital contribution to a healthy pregnancy. Mygen Health’s Fertility Formula for men is a specialised reproductive nutritional supplement. As sperm are particularly susceptible to free radical damage, antioxidants are of prime importance. Antioxidants such as vitamin C, vitamin E, Selenium and CoQ10 have all been shown to support healthy male fertility by assisting in healthy sperm production and maturation in healthy men (Shewaita 2005). Supplementing with antioxidants has been found to assist in protecting sperm from free radical damage.
As it takes 119 days for sperm maturation, it is recommended that men start taking the formula 3 to 4 months prior to conception.
Warning: This medicine may be dangerous when used in large amounts of for a long time. This product contains selenium which is toxic in high doses. A daily dose of 150mcg for adults of selenium from dietary supplements should not be exceeded. Do not take while on warfarin therapy without medical advice. Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet. If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner. Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. Store below 30’C. Do not use if bottle seal is broken.
Directions: Take 1 capsule and 1 tablet daily.
Active Ingredients - each tablet contains:
- Zinc (as zinc citrate dihydrate) 30 mg
- Selenium (as selenomethionine) 75 mcg
- Calcium folinate (providing folate) 500 mcg
- Thiamine hydrochloride (Vitamin B1) 50 mg
- Pyridoxine hydrochloride (Vitamin B6) 60.73 mg equiv Pyridoxine 50 mg
- Manganese (as manganese amino acid chelate) 5 mg
- Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C) 500 mg
- Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12) 400 mcg
- Iodine (as potassium iodide) 80 mcg
- Calcium pantothenate (Vitamin B5) 150 mg equiv Pantothenic acid 135 mg
- Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 20 mg
- Nicotinamide 50 mg
Each capsule contains:
- Cholecalcifercol (Vitamin D3 1000IU) 25 mcg
- Ubidecarenone (Coenzyme Q10) 100 mg
- d-alpha Tocopherol (Vitamin E 200IU) 134.24 mg
- Lycopene 3 mg
- Betacarotene 3 mg