Ellura is a natural medicine that helps to promote and maintain urinary tract health. This extract of cranberry (Vaccinium macrocarpon) has been shown to help prevent potentially harmful bacteria (E.coli) from sticking to urinary tract walls and effectively flush out the bacteria from the urinary tract to help promote urinary tract health.
By helping to maintain a clean urinary tract, Ellura may help to reduce the frequency of recurrent cystitis (infection of the bladder) in women.
Ellura is a specific cranberry extract designed to help promote and maintain urinary tract health.
Ellura may be used during recurring cystitis and should be taken as soon as possible to flush the bacteria from the urinary tract, in combination with prescribed medications. By helping to maintain a clean urinary tract, Ellura may help to reduce the frequency of recurrent cystitis.
Symptoms of a recurring cystitis, that may be improved with Ellura, include:
- Frequent need to urinate, even when bladder is not full
- Pain or burning sensation on urination
- Urine that appears cloudy or discoloured
- Strong-smelling urine
- Lower abdominal pain
- Urinary incontinence
- Ellura capsules are easy to take and very well tolerated at the recommended dose, including in children and the elderly.
- The gelatin capsules are derived from fish – if you have a known allergy to fish or fish products
- Lactose, gluten free
- There are no known interactions between Ellura capsules and other medications, however caution is advised if you are taking anticoagulant medication.
Children under 12 years: Take 1 capsule a day with water, at the same time each day.